~Heart of the Darkness~
Here in the vault, we’ve lived for long
Forgotten how we look
Seen each other in each others' eyes, painfully vacant
Swirling in our heads is only one orison
To disappear into the black hole
Life renounced us and death denounced us
We hover in between in this vacuum
We gave up hope, haplessness possessed
It lingered only for a while
It faded soon, sooner than we'd expected
We wander like ghouls in this space that does not exist
The lull outside n'er bothered us
Scared we are for there's a lull within these walls of our mind
I pray midst this vacuum
Lord please let 'em not talk
Let 'em not ask questions that
Have no existence beyond a question mark
Why this undulating pain
When I chose to go numb?
Why is there a flicker resting in my orbs,
Is a mystery unresolved
Lines of angst I drew in the sand stayed forever
While those on my palm were ephemeral, tell me why?
Those who left these scars all over me
Tell 'em there will be hell to pay next fall
From my vulnerability rose a zealot in me
Can I choose not to breathe this air that I do?
and abandon these tenets of faith
These seem disgustingly unsound?
Here in the vault, we’ve lived for long
Forgotten how we look
Seen each other in each others' eyes, painfully vacant
Swirling in our heads is only one orison
To disappear into the black hole
Life renounced us and death denounced us
We hover in between in this vacuum
We gave up hope, haplessness possessed
It lingered only for a while
It faded soon, sooner than we'd expected
We wander like ghouls in this space that does not exist
The lull outside n'er bothered us
Scared we are for there's a lull within these walls of our mind
I pray midst this vacuum
Lord please let 'em not talk
Let 'em not ask questions that
Have no existence beyond a question mark
Why this undulating pain
When I chose to go numb?
Why is there a flicker resting in my orbs,
Is a mystery unresolved
Lines of angst I drew in the sand stayed forever
While those on my palm were ephemeral, tell me why?
Those who left these scars all over me
Tell 'em there will be hell to pay next fall
From my vulnerability rose a zealot in me
Can I choose not to breathe this air that I do?
and abandon these tenets of faith
These seem disgustingly unsound?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home